Sunday, May 22, 2011

Easy Peasy: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Have 30 minutes? Want a quick and easy recipe with mouthwatering results?  Look no further because....
You can make these!!
Photobucket

I have been making these Chocolate Chip Biscuits since I was about 15 and they never fail me. This weekend I made them for my book club to discuss Persuasion by Jane Austen...which I didn't actually get around to reading. Anyone got a plot synopsis for me?

Anyway, now you can make these deliciously simple biscuits too...all you have to do is read on!

What you need:

  • 1 and 1/2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips - I prefer dark but you can use any
  • 1/2 cup nuts or fruit (this time I used flaked almonds but I've also used walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries, macadamias and glace cherries - let your imagination run wild people!)
  • 1 Bowl to put everything in and 30 minutes (max).

What to do:
1. Cream butter and combine with sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg.
Photobucket
2. Fold in flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
Photobucket
Photobucket
3. Place small balls of cookie dough on baking trays. Don't panic if your dough isn't as firm as you're used to.
Photobucket
4. Place in 180 Celcius oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and BOOM! You've got yourself some tasty cookies and only one bowl to clean. Enjoy your delectable morsels of chocolatey goodness and show off your superior baking skills to all your friends!
Photobucket
    Photobucket

    2 comments:

    1. Amazing - thanks for the recipe!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Delicious. I love chocolate chip cookies and these look easy to make.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting my little corner of the net. I really appreciate your time and thoughts xx