Friday, May 27, 2011

1, 2, 3

Photobucket
Images courtesy of Weheartit and 2 minutes in photoshop.

Thanks to all my lovely friends who re-posted, linked or spoke to me personally about my blogpost on fair trade food and fashion. It was great to hear everyone so positive about making small changes in their lives. This encouraged me to do a little more research into the fair trade arena and you can expect to read a bit more about it on this blog so I hope that’s ok with you all!

So let’s get to it shall we?

To me, fair trade is simple. Make a small change and have big impact. Easy right?

So why not make 3 small changes?

In 2008 Oxfam Australia launched 3 things, an initiative aimed at encouraging people to nominate 3 things they can change in their daily lives that can help make a difference to global problems.
Poverty, inequality, climate change, human rights…such big issues frequently feel too overwhelming to tackle and it seems impossible to imagine yourself making a difference, but it’s mathematical. Lots of small things add up to something BIGGER! 

So why not think about what three things you could do that can make the world a better place (mine are pretty much along the lines of my last fair-trade post)
  1. Buy Fair trade and ethical products
  2. Recycle, Re-use and remix what I already have
  3. Destroy the machine that is Australia’s Got Talent. Oops I mean use my voice to stand up for others (although I do think the world would be a better place without ‘talent’ shows).
See. Easy as A.B.C.

1 comment:

  1. I love the 3 things idea, definitely think people can make a difference :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the net. I really appreciate your time and thoughts xx