Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chai to try...

Photobucket
I love health and wellbeing stores. Behind the shelves of vitamins and supplements you can often find many wonderous products that you simply wouldn’t discover elsewhere…another plus?

They’re often fair trade and organic which means good for you and the world.

My most recent experience of this was at my local Healthy Life Store. Tired and hungover, The Boy and I decided to browse the aisles…although this might sound like odd behaviour to you, we actually love it (and no we aren’t hippies!). On this occasion our ‘haul’ was pretty small, consisting only of some Indian curry spices, wholemeal spelt flour (which was actually cheaper than the supermarket) and a pretty tin full of Zhena’s Gypsy Tea Coconut Chai Green Tea.

As I’m trying to quit/reduce my consumption of sugar at the moment (after reading Sarah Wilson’s ebook), tea has taken on even greater heights of daily consumption in our household. I’ve found that brewing a cup of warm chai or some fragrant green tea is a great distraction from cravings and when I saw the pretty green tin the tea section with the words ‘Coconut’ and ‘Chai’ on it I was transfixed.

Separately coconut and chai are two of my favourite flavours so how could a combination of the two not be simply orgasmic? Quite quickly after concluding to myself that they couldn’t NOT be delicious Zhena was in my bag and on her way home to live with The Boy and I.

My first sip of this brew was all that I anticipated. It was soooo yummy, and the smell is simply divine. The Boy had his with warm milk which has since become a breakfast favourite of mine, but even served with hot water this has become my new favourite tea.

On my shopping list now is to try some more flavours of Zhena’s Gypsy Tea – there are so many that the biggest problem will be choosing just one. Egyptian Mint, Ambrosia Plum White tea, or Acia Berry tea have all caught my eye as have the many other blends of chai to try.

Chai to try! Try saying that super fast. And while you do why not head on over to Oxfam Australia to buy your own Zhena brew online…it’s fairtrade and fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. i found this just the other day, amazing stuff! i was just thinking how lovely you were looking. love the blonde too. best of luck beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the net. I really appreciate your time and thoughts xx