Monday, February 14, 2011

Hooray for Birthdays

Saturday night two of my girlfriends and I celebrated our 27th Birthday at Alloneword in the Valley. It was such a good night! Loads of our friends - new and old - showed up and we drank cocktails under the stars...here are some pics so you can be jealous.

Photobucket
Birthday Girls (unfortunately not the most flattering pic of me)
As you can see everyone looked pretty damn glamorous!

Photobucket
That's right, I'm only friends with good-looking people :-p
I have to say that Alloneword really was the perfect venue for us. It had awesome music, delicious mojitos and a really funky and relaxed atmosphere. We all had a fantastic evening and are now trying to think of excuses to organise more events that call for dressing up.

Photobucket
Alloneword courtyard - we filled it up pretty good!
P.S. I 'borrowed' this photo from their website,
See the beautiful mural? I told you I love Street Art - this place was heaven for me!

Photobucket
Look how caramel my hair is looking!
In other news I am sooooooooooooooo happy with my pink Birthday dress! It's from Cue and it was on sale for $99. BARGAIN! I got loads of comments on it which made me feel even more special wearing it. It is so bright and wearing it was lots of fun. I mean let's be honest - what girl doesn't like hot pink + frills? (that's a rhetorical question by the way). It also gave me affirmation that my decision to dye my hair darker was the right one as I think if I had worn this dress as a blonde I may have teetered close to looking like this:

Photobucket
Glamourous but not quite what I was going for...
 Anyway, I'm off to bed now...got to catch up on missed sleep from the weekend and continue reading this.

Nighty night xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the net. I really appreciate your time and thoughts xx