Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm a glamourous globetrotting hippie...in my dreams

Last night I had a dream that The Boy and I went to Morocco. This isn’t really surprising because we had been talking about how cool it would be to go there about half an hour before I went to bed but regardless back to the dream. 

We were sitting in a tea room drinking mint tea and eating a beautiful lemon tagine after wandering the streets all morning. When I woke up I swear I could almost taste the spices on my lips.

As I’ve never been to Africa I’ve no doubt that my dream contained a completely glamorised adventure where I swan around looking like Talitha Getty ( I love her) bargaining with local street vendors and basking (not burning) in the African sun. Maxi dress, flowing hair and adorned with gold jewellery...hmm is it weird that my dream was a lot about what i was wearing and how glam i looked despite still being an 'adventurer'?  Do you ever dream about exotic destinations and fashion together? If so - where and what? Are you at the Rio Carnivale dressed in a sequinned bikini? On an african safari wearing a chic safari suit? Anyone? Anyone? No. Ok maybe it is just me...Oh well, I'm still going to post some lovely pictures of Morocco and Moroccan inspirations for you to enjoy. 

Photobucket
Talith Getty and John Paul Getty in Vogue. Photograph by Patrick Lichfield
Photobucket
Image courtesy of Google
Photobucket
Would you believe I found this on Google too?
Photobucket
Ralph Ledergerber via Zuniga Interiors
Photobucket
Kim Myles via Zuniga Interiors
Photobucket
Vogue, 2008
Photobucket
Paris Vogue, April 2010

Photobucket
Image courtesy of suemelissa.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the net. I really appreciate your time and thoughts xx